Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Illinois, is seeking a full-time student pastor to minister to middle school, high school, and college students.
Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist church with an average weekly attendance of 300 people, located in Jacksonville, Illinois (population 19,000). We offer Sunday morning small group Bible studies and worship services, plus Wednesday evening Core Institute classes to build spiritual growth and leadership. LABC has active children and student ministries and is seeking to grow our college ministry. Our church goal is to “engage Jacksonville” - helping connect people to Jesus Christ, grow in their faith, and then share His life with others.
Requirements - The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
· Previous experience ministering to students
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Digital technology and social media proficiency
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church and under the leadership of the Senior Pastor
Responsibilities - Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church Search Team invites applications for a permanent full-time Student Pastor position. The successful candidate will assume responsibilities for middle school, high school, and college students (hereafter referred to as ‘students’), including:
· Select and oversee student curricula
· Recruit, train, coordinate, and evaluate student leadership teams/teachers
· Plan, coordinate, and implement activities such as retreats, camps, etc. to promote fellowship and discipleship for students
· Plan, coordinate, and implement outreach activities for students
· Develop, in conjunction with church leadership, a vision for incorporating students into the life of the church
· Develop and coordinate social media presence on behalf of LABC
· Develop, in conjunction with church leadership, an annual budget for student and college ministries
· Regularly report to the church about developments in student and college ministries
· Participate fully in all staff meetings and retreats
· Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, preaching, counseling)
Salary - Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Complete Applications will include:
· Letter of application detailing how the candidate meets the required and preferred qualifications
· Current resume
· Names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three current professional references
Applications will be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to: Student Pastor Search Team, c/o Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church, 951 Lincoln Avenue, Jacksonville, IL 62650
Deadline to Apply is December 15, 2018. Review of applications will begin in December 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
© 2018, Kentucky Today Marketplace | Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions