Part-time Worship Leader
First Baptist Church of Mt. Sterling, Ky., is seeking to fill a part-time Worship Leader position, who is able to lead hymns, as well as contemporary choruses for our 11 am service.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A passion for leading God’s people in corporate worship
- A commitment to a blended worship style
- An ability to choose theologically-rich worship songs and hymns that complement the week’s sermon
- The ability to play and lead worship from guitar or keys
- The ability to lead a small worship ensemble including: piano, guitar, bass, light percussion, as well as vocalists
- An ability to enlist, train, and encourage volunteers
- Strong organizational, relational, and computer skills
- A team player mentality
- Must be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
- Must possess strong Christian character
Leading FBC in a blended style of corporate worship, as well as recruiting and leading the church’s praise team and worship band.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead the worship ministry of FBC
- Recruit and lead musicians
- Lead a weekly worship rehearsal for worship band members, as well as vocalists.
- In conjunction with church staff, plan special worship events for Christmas & Easter.
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and a link to a video of the candidate leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org.