First Baptist Church of Dover in Dover, Florida, is seeking a youth pastor. See qualifications below and learn more about our church at www.fbcdoverfl.com.
Youth Pastor Minimum Qualifications
- A committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Educational Requirements:
A. Minimum Required: A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
B. Preferred Requirement: A Master’s degree (or nearing completion of) from a Southern Baptist (or theologically conservative and baptistic) Seminary.
- Must agree with and be knowledgeable of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- A passionate evangelist that knows he is called by God to youth ministry.
- Experience Requirements:
A. Minimum Required: Three to five years youth ministry experience leading a youth group of 25 or more students;
B. Preferred Requirement: Three to five years of youth ministry experience leading a youth group of 50 or more students.
- A married man (not previously divorced), with a wife willing to come alongside to do team ministry.
- Must believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God.
- Must be willing to minister and function under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, as well as learn, support and adhere to the bi-laws of the First Baptist Church Dover.
- Must be a text-driven (i.e., expositional) teacher and effective communicator of biblical truth.
- Must relate to and with all youth (e.g., athletes, musicians, etc.) and youth families, regardless of demographics (e.g., home-school, private and public-school families).
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Must have and articulate a vision to grow the youth ministry to the potential of our community.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, with a willingness to work cohesively with other staff members.
When replying to the e-mail address below please include the following:
- Current resume.
- A personal introduction video (10 to 15 minutes) that must include the following:
a) Introduction of yourself, wife, and children (if applicable);
b) The candidate and wife’s conversion testimonies;
c) A brief overview of your beliefs on the Person of God (i.e., theology proper), the Word of God (i.e., bibliology), and the Work of God (i.e., soteriology); and
d) State with specificity why you believe God is calling you and your family to First Baptist Church of Dover.
- Links or uploaded videos (a minimum of 3 videos of recent teaching).
1 Timothy 3:2-7 (ESV)
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2021
Church address: 3223 N. Gallagher Rd Dover, FL