First Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist bible-centered church with 302 active members. Our current pastor of 40+ years is stepping down from the Lead Pastor position. We are seeking a Lead Pastor to provide leadership, biblical preaching, teaching and pastoral care that will continue to accomplish our mission.
We are located in Morton, Illinois. Morton is a progressive, growing community with a population of almost 17,000 located approximately halfway between Peoria and Bloomington-Normal. Morton prides itself on being a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Among many other great things, Morton offers excellent schools, a well-established and growing network of parks, and attractive housing.
Responsibilities of the Lead Pastor will include:
• Deliver personal and engaging sermons which are biblically based
• Lead and support church ministries through counseling and visitations
• Lead public services and ceremonies
• Manage and develop staff
• Provide direction, guidance and support to committees
• Execute church strategy and goals in the areas of Worship, Education, Evangelism, Prayer, Service, Fellowship, and Administration
• Biblical scholar in alignment with our church doctrinal statements, preference for Southern Baptist
• Church overseer as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-2
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in ministry
• Demonstrated experience with church growth
• Demonstrated gifts in the areas of leadership, teaching and compassion
To Apply submit letter of introduction with resume to email@example.com.
© 2019, Kentucky Today Marketplace | Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions